[APBeta] AP 2.0 at Cherry Springs

Chris Todd christopher.todd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:12:54 PDT 2010

Paul,

Just thought I'd let you know that I used AP beta 2.0 at Cherry
Springs two weeks ago, and it ran great.  I don't get to get out and
observe as often as I'd like, so I apologize for not being a more
active beta tester.  I was very pleased that AP hung in there with me
for the whole weekend without a single crash, application hiccup, or
feature that I tried that didn't work as expected.  Sure, I didn't try
all the features, but everything I tried worked well, and as I say, I
had it open on my MacBook Pro for a little over 72 hours.  Searching
objects, custom highlighting in the plan, using the FOV to tell
whether I had my dob pointed at the right place, and (most importantly
for me) entering observations, all worked smoothly and exactly as I
expected.

Just thought you'd like a little encouragement from a real-world test
of AP beta 2.  I'm excited about the product, and I can't wait to
purchase the full version on CD or DVD with all the catalogues.  So
push that puppy out the door so I can give you my money!  :-)

Seriously, though, keep up the good work,
Chris Todd