[APBeta] Wiki redux

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri Jun 25 08:15:02 PDT 2010

After some thought, feedback from you (thanks), and looking at my schedule (yes, I do have one), I have decided (for the moment) the following:

a. AstroPlanner reference stuff will be handled by the Help system built into AP V2. In theory, you can print from the help system, but it's not very adept at this.
b. AstroPlanner "how to" stuff (e.g. installing, how to create an observing plan, etc.) will be a PDF manual as before.
c. AstroPlanner scripting reference will be handled by the existing Framework Reference feature.
d. AstroPlanner scripting "how to" (e.g. the language, how to create a printing script, etc.) will be a PDF manual as before.
e. The wiki will contain FAQ material, release notes, additional "how to" stuff for both the app and scripting, pages describing the operation of user-contributed scripts (a la Michael Portuesi's Print Finder Charts), and so on. This will be a community-editable resource.

What I might do in the future is roll (a) through (d) into the wiki, just so the community can "have at it" (i.e. editing, extending, adding notes, etc.). That material might then make its way back to (a) through (d) in the future.

So, for now, you can forget about the wiki. Or you can start banging in FAQs, etc.