[APBeta] Recently entered observations disappear when AP crashes

Chris Todd christopher.todd at gmail.com
Tue May 12 10:03:40 PDT 2009

I have encountered an issue with b26 while entering observations,
either during an observing session, or afterwards.  This is
reproducible.

If I enter one or more observations, then do something that causes AP
to crash, the observations are not persisted to the observation
database.  That is, when I open up AP again, and either open the
observations database or select an object and view its observations
tab, the observation I just entered is not there.

I don't believe the crashes are related to the observations (it seemed
to happen most often when I would switch to the FOV tab), though I
could be wrong.  I'm going to be out observing tonight, so I'll try to
reproduce the issue and pay closer attention to the crash log.

If I open a plan, enter some observations, and then close the plan and
AP without any crashes, then the observations persist.  It's as if
there are some database finalization routines being called when AP
closes, that if not called, result in the loss of the observation
entries created during that AP session.

Chris Todd