[APBeta] Recently entered observations disappear when AP crashes

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Tue May 12 11:01:28 PDT 2009

On May 12, 2009, at 10:03 AM, Chris Todd wrote:

> I have encountered an issue with b26 while entering observations,
> either during an observing session, or afterwards.  This is
> reproducible.

You need to download a more recent release - b26 is "ancient".

> If I enter one or more observations, then do something that causes AP
> to crash, the observations are not persisted to the observation
> database.  That is, when I open up AP again, and either open the
> observations database or select an object and view its observations
> tab, the observation I just entered is not there.

Observations are made to a temporary copy of the observation database,
which is copied back when the app quits (normally), which would
explain what you're (not) seeing.

This dates back to V1 where the database format was not overly
reliable. I do plan on making this change fairly soon:

<http://www.astroplanner.net/reports/details/1800/1885.shtml>

which might satisfy your needs.