[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0b52 released

Bob bobrose at comcast.net
Sat Aug 8 05:20:20 PDT 2009

The mimic window not working with ASCOM is not new. Mimic works fine with
native drivers. I brought this up a while back but did not describe it well.
I'll try to do better. Did you change anything on the native side scope
drivers, non-ASCOM? The reason I ask is that AP tells me I have the
incorrect mount selected unless I have the data flow window active.  "Show
Data Flow" checked AP controls scope fine.  " Show Data Flow" unchecked I
get a message that I have selected the wrong mount and pops the Telescope
Edit window. Checking the "Show Data Flow" at this point produces an
immediate data flow window with what look like a normal connection data
flow, but AP does not recognize this data sort of. Checking "Connect to
scope" produces a second active data flow window that does not find a
connection. If I don't try to activate a data flow window and just cancel
all the edit boxes, AP will show no connection but the "Slew to Object"
button will allow a goto once, the currently selected object. Selecting
different object grays out the "Slew to Object". Strangely I can "Sync to
Object" on any object in the plan , even those below the horizon. All this
with AP showing no active connection.
Bob