[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0b52 released

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Fri Aug 7 21:32:22 PDT 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 7:15 PM, Bob wrote:

> I can confirm that AP with ASCOM/POTH can be connected after another
> application has POTH control of the scope. It is not smooth. If
> another app
> has POTH active and AP is then started, checking the "Connect
> Telescope" box
> produces a disconnect of the POTH Handset box. Numbers change to
> dashes. A
> checkmark appears in AP and a red on black box with some non correct
> coordinates appear over the "Slew to Object" button in AP.  Uncheck
> and then
> rechecking the "Connect to Telescope" box produces a working and
> shared
> telescope connection. Good at this point.
> The telescope Mimic window displays a fixed set of numbers. The
> Azmith is
> always 00 and the alt is alts 45. Slewing the scope produces no
> change in
> the numbers.
> Bob

I didn't change anything ASCOM-wise, except for:

a. ASCOM now connects to a currently-open telescope or POTH object,
rather than trying to start up a new one.
b. I fixed a bug that was causing the ASCOM connection to be made
multiple times, causing a major memory leak and assorted other problems.

i.e. I haven't looked at the actual ASCOM connection and usage thereof
yet. I've only had POTH running for a day. For the next release I'll
give ASCOM a good going over and make sure it works as (it will be)
advertised.