[APBeta] AP is very slow (V2.0b31)

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Apr 6 09:34:02 PDT 2009

This has been fixed (hopefully) for 2.0b32. I underestimated the size
of plans you guys are using and set the annotations caching limits too
low. Hence there's probably a fair mount of disk activity going on. I
will test the app with a good sized plan before the next release (say
the entire NGC catalogue).

OTOH, I'm concerned about the Messier plan.

Note that 2.0b31 required the Image Database to be reconstructed. That
might also be happening in the background and slowing things down.
That will eventually stop. Is there a pulsing "Image" icon at the top
of your plan window?

I don't think your plan is broken. Let's see what 2.0b32 brings.

Paul R.