[APBeta] Getting Closer!

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Apr 4 09:04:38 PDT 2009

On Apr 4, 2009, at 08:04 AM, Anthony Tripodi wrote:

> We're getting closer practical operations. Thankyou for updating the
> scripts. But there are some issues with them that I know you are
> working on, so I'll just mention them here. You need more work,
> don't you? Let me help...
>
> The Print Finder Charts script has some other bugs in it, other than
> I just sent to you.

(those "bugs" were just some debugging stuff that were left in
inadvertently)

> They are: the chart prints backwards. That is, E and W are reversed
> in all fields. There are no constellation lines in the canvas (is
> that the right word?) I mean that the constellation lines are not
> present when the generated screen is displayed. Also, the finder
> view does not recognize a particular field. My 'scope has a finder
> that displays 5.8 degrees of field. The chart prints a 0.0 degree
> field. It is the same whether or not I change parameters in the
> Print Finder Chart information box or not.

I'm relying on the author of that script (Michael Portuesi) to given
me feedback on bugs. He has done so for some of the stuff you mention,
but I haven't gotten around to fixing them yet. Patience is the name
of the game here :^)

> AP 2.30 will not display a field of view. I saw this described in a

I'm on it. It's a thread resource locking problem. I hope to resolve
it today.