[APBeta] The last version

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sun Jul 13 15:03:43 PDT 2008

On Jul 13, 2008, at 14:32 , Michael Portuesi wrote:

> Unless the preferences file is huge, why not just automatically send
> the preferences file along with the bug report?  Otherwise you might
> end up in dialogues with customers where you have to tell them to
> send a second report with the preferences file.
>
> There isn't any personal information in the preferences file that
> would cause a privacy issue if you simply went ahead and sent it, is
> there?

You have a point there. I don't think there's anything personal in
there, unless you have a path with a folder named as your mother's
maiden name or your social security number.

I could make it the default and allow a user to deselect it if they
see fit.

I just need to figure out how to corral the onslaught of preferences
files that are going to come my way...

Paul R.