[APBeta] SERIOUS CRASH -- AP v2.012b will not start (work-around available)

Gary A. Ferguson garyfe at fergos.com
Fri Dec 26 15:54:56 PST 2008

I have not been able to reproduce this crash

I had done lots of things in AP
I closed all open documents, so that only the application menu bar window
remained open.
Browsed to a folder from within Windows Explorer and double-clicked on a
converted plan.
Immediately got a Visual Studio JIT debugger window, asking me if I wanted
to debug the application. Clicked cancel.
Tried again, same result.
Tried to open a plan document from within AP, same result.
Closed AP, opened AP -- got the jit debugger during application startup
(before it asked about opening a plan.)
Tried holding down the shift key while starting AP, got the jit debugger
again.
Logged off, logged back on, tried to start AP again, same result.
Started AP1.6 to look at the manual to see if I remember about the shift key
correctly.
Closed AP1.6 and NOTICED THAT THE ICONS FOR THE v2 plans had been CHANGED to
the v1.6 icon
Double-clicking a v2 plan now started up v1.6 (albeit not with that plan
open, since it was a v2 plan)
Re-installed v2.0b12
V2 now starts. I can now also double-click a v2 plan and have it open in v2.
I also noticed that v1.6 plans now display the v2 file icon, although if you
dbl-click on them, v1.6 opens.
There is not a errorlog.txt file in the v2 directory, is it not created? Or
did I wipe it out when I re-installed (didn't think to look before
re-installing.)

Gary