[APBeta] Alignment stars...

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Dec 27 10:52:51 PST 2008

On Dec 26, 2008, at 02:26 PM, Mark Gaffney wrote:

> Is there a way to input Alignment stars? In v 1.6 this was done with
> the Sky window I think? The Sky window apparently only has the
> option for 1 catalogue (USNO A2.0 cache coverage) & this is only
> available with the CD-Rom. Would the lack of a catalogue be the
> reason I can`t load Alignment stars? Did I read something about this
> in the blurb? I can`t find it immediately if this is the case. Mark.

If you mean adding all the alignment stars for your telescope to the
plan document as objects, then you want Telescope->Add Alignment Stars
to Plan...

For that to work, the plan must have a suitable telescope selected at
the top left, and that telescope must have a suitable mount defined.
This is also applicable for displaying the alignment stars in the Sky
tab. The alignment stars all come from an internal "catalogue", so no
particular catalogues are required (apart, possibly, for the Bright
Star catalogue, which is always present).