[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0a20 released

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Aug 2 17:17:02 PDT 2008

On Aug 2, 2008, at 16:11 , Jeff Young wrote:

> I've been playing with the Observations tab of the plan window and
> had a few comments.
>
> 1) When I click on an object, it highlights in dark blue.  It also
> auto-selects the first observation and highlights it with the
> inactive highlight color (medium gray).  This is good.  However, it
> also auto-selects the first equipment line (as does picking a
> different observation), and highlights it with the active highlight
> color (dark blue).  It'd be nicer if it used the inactive highlight
> color, as it's easier to read the underlying text then.
>
> 2) My two custom fields parameter names and values are drawn in blue
> instead of black.  If I click on one, it highlights in dark blue,
> making it impossible to read.
>
> 3) The box label for the observing session has a parenthetical
> "Observations logged: 8".  I had to think about that for a minute
> (perhaps it's just late).  But how about "Observations in session:
> 8" instead?
>
> 4) The down arrow button under the equipment list (which appears to
> dump a text version into the notes) doesn't have a tooltip.
>
> 5) There's a moveable splitter bar between the Objects list and the
> Observations list.  Would it be hard to add a vertical one between
> that section and the rest of the tab (Observing Session, Equipment
> and Notes)?
>
> 6) The computed info box under the Equipment box lists the limits of
> the telescope and the ODM of the target, but not the focal length,
> magnification nor field of view for the equipment shown (which V1
> showed under the two custom fields).  I often looked at those three,
> and almost never at the telescope limits and/or ODM.

All reasonable. I will deal with them.

Might I be so bold as to suggest that you use the bug reporting
mechanism in the Help menu whenever possible. Saves me some time :^)

However, I'll take reports any way I can get 'em. Carved into marble
slabs if necessary (as long as you pay postage).

>>> One small nit on the Observations column re-sizing -- I dragged my
>>> Date/Time column width out a bit too far and shrunk the Name column
>>> to nothing (I had to hide/show it to get it to reappear).  Is it
>>> easy to limit the size of visible columns (or perhaps always grow/
>>> shrink the whole control width rather than resizing the next
>>> column)?

I have resolved this. Mostly.