[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0a20 released

Jeff Young jey at adobe.com
Sat Aug 2 16:11:44 PDT 2008

Paul --

I've been playing with the Observations tab of the plan window and had a few comments.

1) When I click on an object, it highlights in dark blue.  It also auto-selects the first observation and highlights it with the inactive highlight color (medium gray).  This is good.  However, it also auto-selects the first equipment line (as does picking a different observation), and highlights it with the active highlight color (dark blue).  It'd be nicer if it used the inactive highlight color, as it's easier to read the underlying text then.

2) My two custom fields parameter names and values are drawn in blue instead of black.  If I click on one, it highlights in dark blue, making it impossible to read.

3) The box label for the observing session has a parenthetical "Observations logged: 8".  I had to think about that for a minute (perhaps it's just late).  But how about "Observations in session: 8" instead?

4) The down arrow button under the equipment list (which appears to dump a text version into the notes) doesn't have a tooltip.

5) There's a moveable splitter bar between the Objects list and the Observations list.  Would it be hard to add a vertical one between that section and the rest of the tab (Observing Session, Equipment and Notes)?

6) The computed info box under the Equipment box lists the limits of the telescope and the ODM of the target, but not the focal length, magnification nor field of view for the equipment shown (which V1 showed under the two custom fields).  I often looked at those three, and almost never at the telescope limits and/or ODM.

Cheers,
-- Jeff.