[APBeta] Problem syncing and at startup.

Dan Kuchta dankuchta at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 13:18:04 PDT 2021

I just set ups a new Windows computer for my observatory and installed the latest Astroplanner 2.4a11 on it.  I also have it installed on a Macintosh and want to keep the two synced.  I’ve been syncing between 2 Macs and it has been working, but I can’t get the new Windows installation to sync.

I’m using a shared folder on my iCloud drive as a sync folder location. I have iCloud installed on the Windows computer and I’ve checked the Astroplanner since folder on that computer, which appears to contain the right files.

When I shut down the app on Windows, it comes up with a dialog saying it is syncing, but nothing shows up in Astroplanner on the next launch.

At startup, the Windows app takes me through the Setup Wizard - every time.  I’ve tried skipping it, and I’ve tried going through it.  Doesn’t matter, it always comes up again the next time.

I’m using Windows 10 64-bit.  Not sure if this is related to the beta version of the app, or just something I’m doing wrong with my setup.

-Dan