[APBeta] v2.4a8 destroying observation database, also backup/restore failure

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Wed Jan 6 09:47:03 PST 2021

Yeh. You’re not the only one. I’m investigating and fixing.

The issue is the major internal changes that happened recently. All database operations now throw exceptions rather than reporting error codes. I was also forced to use a new plugin to do file zipping and unzipping (used in the backup/restore files). I’m working on that too.

I was on a mini-vacation over the Christmas/New Year period (no, not the Caribbean, but a visit to a town north of Seattle to get in some hiking and fresh air), so my brain is now rested and slowly coming back up to speed.

Paul R.