[APBeta] Comments

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Jan 13 11:11:19 PST 2018

I can’t reproduce (yet) this issue here, even though it’s affecting many people on Windows. It’s a major stumbling block.

V2.3 has (and will have) many non-trivial under-the-covers improvements over V2.2, apart from bug fixes. e.g.
- 64-bit versions (soon).
- Mitigation of the nasty flickering issue in the Windows version (soon).
- Mac version is now Cocoa-based rather than Carbon.
- Updated HTTP access that is causing issues in V2.2 and before.
- Retina/Hi-DPI support (mebbe, if time permits).
- For Windows users, the dreaded Bluetooth/serial port hangup on launch has gone away.

Unfortunately, as has been revealed several times before, AstroPlanner makes me relatively little income, and so I have to do other stuff in order to make ends meet. If I retire (likely to happen in the not too distant future), or get fired from my current gig, I will have more time to spend on AstroPlanner support and development.

Paul R.