[APBeta] user contributed plans - APBeta Digest, Vol 29, Issue 4

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Sep 6 20:38:29 PDT 2010

On Sep 6, 2010, at 7:39 PM, Ron Ridge wrote:

> Paul and Igor, I am running Win 7 64 bit and I can see 6 "Small Wonders ..." plans, each with a 9/6 date, in the "10 most recent ... " list.  I did not look anywhere else for the plans.
>
> Under what condition(s) should I be able to see the "Sync to Object" button active?  It seems no matter what I do I can not cause it to become active.  I am running ASCOM platform with Temma driver beneath that.

Assuming the ASCOM driver allows it, you should see the Sync to Object button enabled whenever you have slewed to a target (allowing you to electronically "nudge" the scope to point at the target before hitting the Sync button).

> Also it seems that when I try to "Slew to Object" I am always taken through "High Precision Slewing" screen where I have to select "Slew to Target" button to start the slew action.  It does not seem logical to make that intermediate stop and additional selection.  It seems more logical to have a "Select Bright Star" button on the main screen and select that if I am trying to check or obtain telescope alignment.  What am I not understanding here?

Go to the Telescope menu and unselect High Precision Slewing (choosing it in the menu toggles its state).

> Both of these behaviors have been present over the last several versions.

...dating back to V1.