[APBeta] Pre-release version expiration

Terrence Redding tredding at mac.com
Tue Sep 21 07:41:22 PDT 2010

Currently I get a message that says the pre-release has expired and I should visit the website.  Then I wait for the count-down and click continue.

As usual, when the program opens I spend minutes to hours looking at the menus and playing with the software - this is simply wonderful stuff.  Eventually I get around to looking for the update.  But though I have been through all the menus I do not recall seeing "Check for updates" or even "Visit website."

I find myself dwelling on the "Check Software Versions" and considering why AstroPlanner itself is not listed as a critical update.  Today, at about that time a window pops up that offers the update and asks if I would like to visit the site.

Of course, I click yes.  And, with broadband I am just a minute away from the download being ready to install.  The image is mounted and I drag the icon to the icon for the application folder and am reminded to quit AP before install can be accomplished.

Two clicks, one to select AP the next to quit -and I am ready to install.  All works as expected.

Very nice.

Terry - W6LMJ - 14.287

Terrence R. Redding, Ph.D.
Director, Global Learn Day - 2010