[APBeta] Inability to download DSS images

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Thu Dec 30 07:01:46 PST 2010

On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:58 AM, Mingo Tardós wrote:

> Here is a simple workaround: I have changed the TEMP and TMP environment
> variables to a new directory,  without accents in the path, and now I can
> download images and user contributed plans without problems.
>
> Definitely, the problem in both cases was the accent.
> Are you also using decompression for the user contributed plans?

No, but I agree with your diagnosis. I've been trying to reproduce the problems with a small test app, but so far have been unable to do so. I have modified AP V2 with a workaround to avoid the "official" temporary location if the path is non-ASCII. This should resolve the problem (although you have taken another approach). The user-contributed plans do not use compression, but are downloaded to the temporary folder.

Paul R.