[APBeta] Inability to download DSS images

Mingo Tardós tardos at unizar.es
Wed Dec 29 02:32:22 PST 2010

Hi Paul,

I am one of these two users that have reported the problem. My computer has
Windows XP SP3 in Spanish.
Just in case this helps, in the very same computer, the behaviour is:
- AP 2.0b98 image downloads give Decompression Error=1, except SDSS that
work OK.
- AP 1.6.1 successfully downloads images from all the sources

- AP 2.0b98 cannot download user contributed plans, but can upload and
delete plans
- AP 1.6.1 successfully downloads user contributed plans

Maybe both problems are related?

Something that changes is a non-english system is the name of the default
directories.
In my case, the temporary folder has an accent in the path, can this be a
problem?
My directories are:

Item                  Path

  Size
Annotations C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\Annotations\ 7,0KB
Application Data C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\ 10,5MB
Application Folder C:\Archivos de programa\AstroPlanner\ 91,2MB
Catalogues (Primary) C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\Catalogues\ 1,5MB
Default Document Folder C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Mis
documentos\AstroPlanner\ 6,6MB
Image Database C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\Images\ 4,0KB
Observations C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\Observations\Observation Database 6,0KB
Other Caches C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\Caches\ 0 Bytes
Preferences C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\Preferences\ 48,5KB
Resources C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\AstroPlanner Resources 12,0KB
Scripts C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Datos de
programa\AstroPlanner\AstroPlanner Scripts\ 0 Bytes
Temporary Files C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Configuración
local\Temp\AstroPlanner Temp Folder\ 185,0KB
Untitled-1.apd C:\Documents and Settings\jdtardos\Configuración
local\Temp\AstroPlanner Temp Folder\tmp4new\Untitled-1.apd 8,0KB

Please, let me know if you want me to test something else.
Best regards,
Juan D. Tardós