[APBeta] Inability to download DSS images

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Tue Dec 28 14:43:02 PST 2010

Two users have reported that they are unable to download DSS images (they get Decompression Error=1 for each attempt), although SDSS images seem OK. This leads me to believe there's a problem with decompressing (GZip) on those systems. Both users are using WIndows on non-English systems. Is anyone else seeing this? If so, I'd like to hear from you to try and narrow things down (please report what OS you're using, and whether it's a non-English version).