[APBeta] Warning: 2.0b89

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Wed Aug 18 07:35:07 PDT 2010

On Aug 18, 2010, at 2:34 AM, Tony Barry wrote:

> I echo Alan's sentiments.  The FOV in particular is very helpful, especially when I overlay downloaded images.
>
> I still don't know how to overlay the star maps on my own images though.  [sigh]

The problem there is to figure out the size, position and orientation of your user images so that they can be overlaid on the chart (the DSS server provides this info as part of each download).

I guess I could add some kind of "poor man's astrometry" feature where you click on (at least) two known positions/objects on the image. The other possibility (as outlined by Sander) is to let you do the astrometry using an external app, and I read your FITS files. At this point, though, I don't see that happening for V2.