[APBeta] AP V58 telescope control hangs

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Oct 3 16:52:28 PDT 2009

On Oct 3, 2009, at 3:39 PM, Peter B wrote:

> I've tried using V58 a couple of times to connect to my EQ6 (using
> EQMOD/ASCOM) however it hangs as soon as I try to connect
> Astroplanner to the telescope and never recovers - I have to CTRL/
> ALT/DELETE to shut it down.
>
> I have not had this problem with previous versions for a long time.
> I'm quite certain V57 worked fine.  What changed?

Nothing ASCOM-related, AFAIK. You can check the release notes.

I am aware of problems with ASCOM, which I'm hoping to iron out for
the next beta.

I just spent the afternoon with Dick Seymour trying out AP V2 with his
collection of Meade scopes (in particular the LX200GPS). I have
identified a number of bugs which I will be tackling tomorrow.

I have also made some internal changes that should alleviate a number
of freezing problems that have been reported.

I suspect 2.0b59 will correct many reported issues. Hopefully I'll
have it out early next week.