[APBeta] Strange behavior with Windows 7

David Crum crum.david at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 05:55:13 PDT 2009

I just loaded Windows 7 a few days, have had no problems, until this morning :)

With AP open (latest beta version), I had the date/time selected (Dec
15 at 22:00), I went to search the catalog (NGC).  I selected my
magnitude range (-10 to 14), selected Galaxy as the object type, then
selected Orion as the constellation, and I clicked on search.

The cursor showed busy for a few seconds (2-3), then nothing appeared.
 The search catalog dialog box went away, there was no message that
there were either (a) too many objects (like the over 500 one), or (b)
there were no objects.

There were no error messages displayed.

I am not sure if this is a Windows 7 problem, or something else :)