[APBeta] Just installed beta- oddities I've noticed

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sun May 31 10:13:05 PDT 2009

Ooops. I let this one scroll off my screen...

When you first install AP V2 a lot of things might happen in the
background, which will (initially slow down the app):

a. Conversion of your old DSS Image Cache into the new image database.
b. Constructing the plan wizard database.
c. Checking serial ports (esp. if you have a disconnected Bluetooth
device)

See if anything is reported at the top right corner of the open plan
window. Also, you can use Help->Track Threads to see what's running in
the background. In all the above cases, the threads will eventually
complete. Some might take up to 30 minutes.

I guess I should probably add some kind of warning that the
application might be sluggish initially.

As far as the sunrise/set problem - do you have a site defined for the
open plan? (i.e. Site popup at the top right) If you don't, it's time
to choose one. If you do, click the little edit button to the right of
the Site popup and check the Lat/Long/GMT Offset.

Paul R.