[APBeta] Feature request

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon May 4 08:30:09 PDT 2009

On May 3, 2009, at 02:14 PM, Christopher Todd wrote:

> For those of us who enter observations after the observing session
> is over,
> it would be nice to be able to right-click on the observing session
> (from
> the observation database screen) and select "add observation", then
> select
> the time and object (the remainder of the observation details filled
> in from
> the session values).
>
> Or is there something I'm missing about how to enter observations
> afterwards?  AP doesn't always accurately identify which observing
> session
> and entered observation belongs to, and does not seem to offer me a
> dialog
> or drop down to choose from the available observation sessions in the
> database.

Well, the current "Official" way of doing this is to select the
Observations tab in the plan window, select the observed object in the
Object list, and then click the "+" button at the bottom left.
Alternatively, do it from the Objects tab and click the "New
Observation" button below the list. If the app isn't asking you for a
date/time, then you'll need to open Observation prefs and set the "New
observation date/time source" option to "Ask user".

However, I believe you are correct in requesting a way to create new
observations in the Observations database window. I will add a feature
request.