[APBeta] e-mail posts

Anthony Tripodi daedalus1 at cox.net
Fri May 1 06:45:05 PDT 2009

OK. So we're still alive. Excellent!

In that case...

I just tried to print an observing list from .b35. I got at first a
printing wizard and was allowed to choose what I wanted. When I selected
"Print" I got first the little wristwatch, then the spinning beachball
of death. The beachball lasted maybe 3 minutes as page 1 was announced,
then page 2 went through the same sequence, as did page 3.

At the end of the sequence a preview was indeed produced, but any
movement of the mouse to manipulate the window resulted in the spinning
beachball of death for about a minute or so.

Now, as long as this preview window is alive, any other application that
I happen to use (Mail, for example) results in the same very slow
operation accompanied by the spinning beachball. When I canceled the
print preview (same slow response, but a successful operation) all other
operations returned to normal.

I'm running a Mac Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.4 GHz, 1 GB SDRAM, and 4 MB L2
cache. Software is OS X, 10.5.6.