[APBeta] [astroplanner] Ver 2 Servocat control

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat May 16 18:41:41 PDT 2009

On May 16, 2009, at 05:49 PM, joelwhicker wrote:

> Does anyone have Ver 2 working correctly with the SC/AN setup?  It
> seems to work fine with Nexstar, but appears to be finicky with the
> SC.  I have adjusted the minimum time between commands to 2 seconds,
> which allowed the connection to be made.  But slews are not working
> correctly.
>
> All ports and cables are right, as I can exit AP and slew the scope
> with TheSky 6, no problem.
>
> Any help or insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

This should be aimed at the AP V2 beta mailing list (I have cc-ed it
there).

Since it's all new code, there could well be glitches. When you say
"slews are not working correctly", is nothing happening, or is the
scope slewing to the wrong coordinates?

Turn on the "Show data flow to and from telescope" option for the
mount (Edit->Resources->Telescope). This will dump a file on your
desktop that lists the traffic to/from your mount. Attempt a slew.
Send me a copy of the file and I'll attempt an analysis.