[APBeta] GUI font/face enhancement request

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Aug 3 19:33:32 PDT 2009

On Aug 3, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Gary A. Ferguson wrote:

> I have just now submitted the following enhancement request, but I
> would be interested in what others think of it. Is it too fine
> grained? Would it busy up the preferences dialog too much? (if such
> a thing is possible.) It would be very helpful to me, with ongoing
> failing eyesight, but would it be generally useful do you think?
>
> Presently, when you change the "GUI Interface Font" face and/or size
> on the preferences, general tab, a sizable number of features of the
> GUI are affected, including the face/size of the text in the Objects
> list. It would be helpful to have a preference specifically for the
> Objects list so that the object information could be made more
> easily readable under dim light (and red filter) conditions without
> affecting the rest of the interface.

The object list (like several other "major" lists) has a "Font..."
item in the right-click menu for just this purpose (I believe it is
also present in V1).

Paul R.

> Secondly, does anyone know what the “GUI Interface font”, “small”
> font size is used for? I haven’t been able to find anything affected
> by changes to it.

A good question. I need to check. I believe it was used more for V1. I
have tried to standardise on one reasonably big font size for V2.