[APBeta] V2 Internet Connection Problem

John Switzer jswitzer42 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 29 09:47:13 PDT 2009

 Paul,

I am having a problem connecting to the Internet with V2.  This just started
recently, I noticed it first on 2.0b55.  I have absolutely no idea what
caused it or when it actually started.  If I attempt to send a test email
message from Preferences>Web email function I receive the message: "SMTP
Server Error. Unable to solve the server address."   If I attempt to use
File>Catalog Manager or File>Check Software Versions I get the message
"Error trying to access the Internet".  Check your Connection". If I attempt
to submit a bug report I get the same "Error trying to access the Internet"
message.

I have two PC's, both with WinXP/SP3 installed.  The error only occurs on my
primary PC.everything works fine on the second.  FWIW, AP V1 works perfectly
on both PC's.  AP V2 is the only application that I have that is having any
kind of connection problem.

I have checked and verified the SMTP address and it is correct.  I have
renamed and let AP redefine the Prefs file..no change.  I have run the
Microsoft procedure for resetting the TCP/IP Stack..issue not resolved.  I
reinstalled 2.0b51 which I believe did work..it no longer works.  I have
completely uninstalled and reinstalled AP..this issue remains.

Do you have any idea(s) where I can go from here?  It is obvious that
something is amiss with V2 on the one PC, but I have exhausted all I know to
do.

Thanks,

John Switzer

Centerpoint, IN