[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0b34 Notes

Bob bobrose at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 07:11:53 PDT 2009

Paul,
I have been able to test b34 on an AutoStar mount (LX) and have no trouble
connecting AP using ASCOM and BlueTooth(Aircable). It also will direct
connect using the built in drivers, no BT. AP will not establish a
connection using built in drivers VIA BT.
AP+ASCOM+ Wire=Good
AP+ASCOM+ BT=Good
AP+Built in LX+Wire=Good
AP+Built in LX+ BT= no connection.
I also noted that if the Aircable is active but not paired and AP has the
built in driver set to the com port that the powered up but not paired
Aircable, AP start very slowly.  AP starts a little faster if the Aircable
is powered off or the com port is set to another non-powered up BT port. I
have not been able to reproduce this one with regularity, only on occasions.
AP starts up quickly if the BT radio is turned off entirely.
Another small and probably insignificant event is that, trying
AP+BuiltinLX+BT, IF com Port is set to currently active Aircable, AP cannot
find scope and times out. Pop dialog.
Else if,  AP+BuiltinLX com port is set to non active BT serial, the data
flow window acts like a partial connection is established.
Data Flow reports:
Connection
Check Firmware Version..
Get Version  #:GVN#              Timeout
Check Communication.
Get RA  #:GRA#

 Then AP just hags (not Responding) and windows pops the windows close
program dialog.
To replicate this after changing any telescope parameters (com ports) in AP
you must restart AP or result will be different.

Also the "Properties" button on the ASCOM driver cannot be access VIA AP.
ASCOM reports: "Failed to load Driver: Invalid Object Use: Only one program
can use this Telescope".  No other astro programs running. I have to start
CDC or some other program to change any ASCOM parameters as a workaround.

I hope to test on the ArgoNavis and Servocat soon.
Bob