[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0b34 Notes

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Wed Apr 15 16:50:01 PDT 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 04:43 PM, Paul Rodman wrote:

> AstroPlanner V2.0b34 is now available for download from:
>
> <http://www.astroplanner.net/alphabeta/>

Not mentioned in the release notes is the the fact that some serious
work was done on the telescope control stuff. Hopefully it will behave
a lot better now. Note that this is with the built-in telescope
drivers, not ASCOM (which might well benefit from this release, or
not) which was not tested.

Also, for those of you that are suffering major slowdowns with the
image database builder thread seemingly stuck in a loop, I have
upgraded the Help->Thread Tracker to show more details about what a
thread is currently doing. Please try the feature and report back to
me on your findings.

Development is becoming more difficult as I try and overcome various
problems with threading. Having stuff happen (effectively) in parallel
is fraught with challenges and bugs that are a bitch to track down.
However, we're getting there. Slowly.