[APBeta] Image database problems

Paul Kemp paul at bluedahlia.co.nz
Fri Apr 3 21:44:03 PDT 2009

Paul,

Is the problem I reported related to the ones you are working on since b30?

Or am I still the resource problem child?

Paul Kemp
13.1" f5 Reflector with Argo Navis & Paracorr
Auckland, New Zealand
36° 55' 09" South, 174° 43' 30" East

--- The Southern Sentinel ---
www.southernsentinel.co.nz

Checkout my Twitter: twitter.com/pulinski

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Paul Rodman <paul at ilanga.com> wrote:

> You're right. Ouch. I think that might be a late change I made to the
> threading mechanisms.
>
> Looks like 2.0b31 is on for tomorrow.
>
> Paul R.
>

> On Apr 3, 2009, at 07:33 PM, David Crum wrote:
>
>  I am not getting any crashes, however, my FOV field remains a solid
>> white, the item (galaxy in this case) is not displayed, nor any stars.
>> I can move the cursor around in the field and I can see that it is
>> going over objects in the field by the display at the bottom (GSC
>> stars, different NGC objects in same field).  I have deleted the image
>> database and the behavior remains.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Paul Rodman <paul at ilanga.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It would seem there are still image database problems, one of which I can
>>> reproduce here. However, I'm struggling to understand _why_ it's
>>> happening.
>>>
>>> Meantime, if you are getting odd crashes you might profit by deleting the
>>> image database and letting the app rebuild it again from the old cache:
>>>
>>> a. In AP, use Help->Where's My Stuff... to locate and Reveal the image
>>> database.
>>> b. Quit from AP.
>>> c. Delete the database (Image database.db)