[APBeta] APBeta Digest, Vol 1, Issue 4

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Thu May 29 17:18:27 PDT 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 16:43 , Mark Huss wrote:

> Hmm, first thing, it prompted me for a plan. I picked 'Create New
> Plan' and the dialog went away for a while...a long while (3
> minutes?), until finally the main app window appeared.  This on XP
> SP2.

Dunno. I don't have an explanation for that :^(  If that happens with
the next release, let me know and I'll put in some debugging code to
try and track down the problem.

> Is there any way to change the data location? I have a bunch of
> drives and only put fairly static stuff like programs on C: (Darn
> "My Documents" windoze conventions notwithstanding! :P).

The settings for assigning catalogues, DSS Images and AAVSO data to
alternate paths remain, as in V1.x. I could allow all of the
application data (i.e. everything other than plan documents) to be
assigned to another location. However, I'm sort-of loathe to do that,
since Vista and the like get chirpy when anything's out of the
ordinary. I will ponder it.