[APBeta] Issue with new user-defined fields

Jeff Young jey at adobe.com
Tue Jul 29 11:02:38 PDT 2008

Paul --

I use a user-defined field in two places -- but neither works in V2.

In my solar system plan I have the planets, their observable moons, and a bunch of comets.  In order to get everything to sort correctly (ie: Titan under Saturn, comets at the end, etc.) I have a custom column "sort" that I type numbers into and then sort on it.  The conversion tool brought across the column and the numbers, but since it's no longer part of the main list I can't sort on it.

(It's possible that it would still appear in the Object > Sort dialog, but selecting that produces an exception.)

In some of my DSO plans I have a custom column named "prime" which includes either a season or a month number (if the object is only visible for a short time).  I also sort on this to determine what I should be looking at.  (Which leads to the same problem as above.)

Cheers,
-- Jeff.