[APBeta] V2.0a18 gotcha

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Jul 28 13:36:06 PDT 2008

On Jul 28, 2008, at 12:32 , Jeff Young wrote:

> Paul --
>
> Actually, I just got back from summer vacation and was ready to get
> some more V2 testing in.  Is there a way that I can download a17 (I
> could only find a18 on the alpha page)?

Well, if you're just testing, a18 is safe enough to use, but if you
have any V2-created plans, they might lose their User Field info,
assuming they had any defined. I should get a19 out the door soon. Ish.

> I've also switched machines, so this will be a fresh install.  I
> remember something about the V2-converter assuming V2 files didn't
> exist yet -- should I run it before doing the V2 install, or has all
> that been fixed up?

You don't need to, if you're just testing. If you want to convert
various V1 documents to V2, then use it first. All documents are
converted to new documents, so your V1 installation remains intact.

> No hurry on any of this -- we at 54°N still have another month
> before darkness returns....

At 47N, we're just starting to see longer nights.

Paul R.