[APBeta] The dreaded ReadObservations exception 2

Christopher Todd christopher.todd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 18:15:25 PST 2008

Paul,

I get the splash screen, and before I can tell whether everything has loaded
up, I get the exception.

Not sure if this matters, but I had successfully run V2 once (went through
the wizard, created a plan, entered my telescope and some eyepieces, changed
a few parameters, etc.), and only then did I shut down AP and run the
converter.  Since running the converter, I get the exception.

If I delete the observation database (in Library->Application
Support->Astroplanner), then AP v2 will start just fine and create a new
Observation Database file.

Interestingly, the old file that I deleted showed in Finder as a Plain Text
file, while the new file shows up as AstroPlanner/Resources.

If you need additional samples, I can re-run the converter and send you the
before and after files.

Chris