[APBeta] The future of user images

Jeff Young jey at adobe.com
Sat Aug 9 09:08:20 PDT 2008

Paul --

It's actually a side-effect that causes the script not to work.  As I'm sifting through all the objects, if I find a planet, comet or the sun then I look to see if my solar_system.apd plan is open (so I can find the user images).  If not, I warn the user and allow them to either cancel or skip planetary images in the printed observing report.

Where the problem comes in is that I'm deep in the bowels of the script when I discover the plan isn't open, and so was using the following:

       raise new RuntimeException

to exit if the user cancels.

But I actually like the idea of observation attachments (all my images are sketches that go with a particular observation anyway) -- as long as there was some way to find any attachments from observations made from other plans so they could still be displayed in the DSS pane of the Planning tab.  (I think that's probably easier now that observations aren't really attached to plans anymore.)

Cheers,
-- Jeff.