[APBeta] The future of user images

Jeff Young jey at adobe.com
Sat Aug 9 03:40:04 PDT 2008

Paul --

I'm having trouble converting one of my old scripts which is trying to draw a user image (a sketch of a comet) on a canvas. (The problem is that I can't target a comet by RA/Dec, and I'd rather not require that a plan be open to target via the plan object.)

However, I'm wondering if I'm going about that wrong in V2 anyway.  Is the future direction that user images would be observation attachments rather than go in the DSS image cache?  If so, is there a way to draw those attachments easily onto a Canvas?

Thanks,
-- Jeff.