[APBeta] The Web Services thing in V2.3a25

Gary Ferguson garyfe at fergos.com
Thu Jan 24 19:43:23 PST 2019

Ooh! - I want to try this!

On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 12:31 PM -0800, "Paul Rodman" <paul at ilanga.com> wrote:

Folks,

In case you’re wondering if my marbles have been lost, the web services features added to V2.3a25 are not really designed for general consumption. Here’s the lowdown:

I have been paid to add a feature to AstroPlanner that some professional astronomers need to run a remote observing project. What it effectively does is allow you to set up AstroPlanner as a RESTful web server. When this is done it can accept commands via the web (or your LAN) to execute scripts. The commands can be sent from external software using simple (sic) HTTP commands. The scripting language allows those commands to pass parameters to the script, and return parameters from the script as JSON text.

You might think of your own uses for this feature.

Setting up as a web services provider:  Preferences > Web
Sending/retrieving/running scripts: Script > Edit/Run Scripts… > Web… (bottom left).