[APBeta] Windows issues "resolved"

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sun Jan 28 19:54:38 PST 2018

Thanks to the assistance of heroic user Gary Ferguson, I spent the afternoon tracking down the “Windows version starts but never shows a window” issue. I think I have traced it to timing issues with a mess of code I added to try and reduce flicker. Since the flicker will be reduced when I use the new compiler framework (currently in alpha), I just removed the offending code in the meantime. If Gary verifies that the latest version fixes the issue I will release a new version of the app tomorrow.