[APBeta] Scaling reports on HP Photosmart

Eric Johnson ejmaine at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 06:30:17 PDT 2014

Hi Paul,

I wanted to report success with the scaling feature.  I tried it just now
on 2.2b5, and had great results.  In fact, strange results in the end with
the printing process working normally again.  Here is what happened:

I opened up 2.2b5, and chose an object to print a finder chart.  It had the
"micro" printing again.
I found the scale option, made it 1.5, and printed another chart.  this one
was HUGE.  So I scaled back to 1 on the scaling option and the chart
printed great.  So in the end, I haven't adjusted anything, but did scale
up and back down.

I am not a programmer, so I don't know anything regarding what is truly
going on.  But I believe that your thoughts of the issue being an HP one is
probably right.  The person who posted on the AstroPlanner Yahoo group also
had an HP Photosmart (different model than mine, I believe).  Must be
something there.

Anyhow, Thank You very much for making my program work again!!

Sincerely,

*Eric D. Johnson, PharmD*
*175 Mayflower Heights Drive*
*Oakland, ME 04963*