[APBeta] Moon calculation off?

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Feb 18 19:24:10 PST 2013

On Feb 18, 2013, at 6:30 PM, Jeremy Cowgar <jeremy at cowgar.com> wrote:

> That is not what it does. If the moon has risen already then it shows you the next time it will rise and when it will set *after* that next rise. So, on the current Moon display, it does not show when it will set this time.
>
> Paul, is that right?

No. If the moon is already risen then the Next Set will be when it sets next and the Next Rise will be when it rises again after that.

Your image below is consistent with the table below it, noting that according to the table the moon rises at 11:48am on 2/18 and sets at 2:47am on 2/19. It then subsequently rises again at 12:35pm on 2/19. Your local time is 9pm on 2/18, at the moon info states Next Set: 2:47am (by inference: 2/19) and the Next Rise: 12:34pm (on 2/19).

Paul R.

> Please see my picture post: http://jeremy.cowgar.com/tmpfiles/ap-moon-rise-set.png
>
> Jeremy
>
> On Feb 18, 2013, at 9:23 PM, Rolf <fastprin at wave.co.nz> wrote:
>

>> Hi Jeremy,
>> that is not how I see it, if the Moon has risen
>> today then AP shows you when it will set next,
>> then it will tell you when the Moon is rising again.
>>

>> Cheers, Rolf
>>
>> Geyserland Observatory
>>
>> International Astro Union Code: E89
>> Rotorua / New Zealand
>> E: 176.2037     S: 38.1358
>> Mobile Ph: 027 473 6338
>> www.geyserlandobs.org
>> Facebook
>> www.facebook.com/GeyserlandObservatory

>>> 10:27am, set 12:04am. All my other sources say it sets at