[APBeta] Problems with EQ6 SynScan Telescope connection.

Bob webmail1000 at btconnect.com
Fri Jan 27 07:41:58 PST 2012

Hi Paul,

I am running V2.0.1.b4 and I have been trying to sort out my telescope connection.
I have a Sky Watcher SynScan EQ6.
I align the telescope first and leave it on the last star alignment so I know where it is.
I then open AP and try to connect to the telescope.

If I select Orion:SynScan GOTO from the list and change the setting to EqNorth I cannot connect to the telescope.
It returns an error "Telescope not what was expected" or something like that.

If I select Celestron GPS it will connect to the telescope so I know the port and cable
It seems to perform OK going to the object selected although I am trying this indoors so can't say that it is hitting the exact target but generally looks correct.

However I did try the abort slew and it doesn't stop. The arrow from the scope position to the slew target disappears but it carries on to it's destination.

I just went back in to telescope type and change back to Orion:SynScan and when I selected Eq North AP crashed.

I reopened AP and tried again this time changed the settings OK to SynScan but when I tried to connect it started the spinning beach ball. After 5mins. I decided to do a force quit.
Now I cannot open AP at all.

I now plan to download the beta again and see it it will run again but thought I would contact you while the even was fresh in my mind.

Kind regards,
Bob Sayer