[APBeta] AstroPlanner V2.0b109 released

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Jul 18 08:49:43 PDT 2011

On May 29, 2011, at 3:06 AM, Jeff Young wrote:

> Dang, 4256 is still there for me.  When I add an observation, it selects the first observation in the list, not the one I just added (which is at the end).
>
> The earlier bug is also back where after creating the first observation for a target, no observations are highlighted.  So whatever you type into the Observations Notes field is lost.
>
> I wonder, are your observations sorted the other way (to recent ones appear at the top of the list or the bottom)?  Nope; I tried sorting mine the other way (recent at top), and after adding a new one the one that was previously selected stays selected.
>
> Here's something interesting: I checked "Initialize observation notes with object notes" just to see what it would do, and they end up getting copied into _both_ observations (the new one and the selected one).
>
> As one other test, I tried using the copy observation button (the double-plus).  This copies the existing observation (and its date/time), then brings up the Observation Date/Time dialog, and then updates the new observation's date/time to what I enter.  At the end, the correct observation is selected, and no Observation Notes were lost.
>
> FWIW, the new code still works fine for me (whether creating a new observation or copying one) if I select "New observation date/time source: Computer".
>
> Let me know if there's anything else you want me to try....

I have refactored that code. I suspect I might have resolved the issue (again), but since I have not been able to reproduce the issue, it's up to you to let me know.

I have uploaded a pre-release version of 2.0b111 here (and anyone is welcome to try it):

http://www.astroplanner.net/user/pre/InstallAstroPlanner.exe.zip

If this does not resolve the issue, I've added some debugging code. To enable that code:

a. Quit from AP
b. Create a folder (or file) on your desktop and call it "APdebugobs" (no extension).
c. Run AP and attempt to create a new observation. The debug window will appear and a bunch of nonsense will be dumped into it. Send that info to me. If course, if Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle kicks in and the debug stuff causes the bug to go away, I need to know that too.
d. Deleting the item created in (b) will stop the debugging (after a restart of AP).