[APBeta] FOV star colors

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Mon Sep 20 19:10:42 PDT 2010

On Sep 20, 2010, at 7:00 PM, David Crum wrote:

> I have been to the area of the preferances where the FOV applies.  I
> have seen where the FOV Spectral colors are defined.  My question is:
> How do I get the stars colors to appear IN the FOV itself?  I am sure
> it is a setting, I just cant locate it :)

Well, there's two issues involved here:

a. You need to select the Display->Spectral Colours option in the FoV Display Options.
b. The stellar catalogue being displayed needs spectral info for each star. Most of the big catalogues don't have that. However, the All-Sky Compiled Catalogue does, and that goes pretty deep, magnitude-wise.

Hmm, perhaps I should find a way to show which catalogues have said spectral info.