[APBeta] AP searches catalogs when an observation is added?

Sander Pool sander_pool at pobox.com
Wed Sep 8 19:52:28 PDT 2010

Hi,

I just added an observation to an object that didn't have any yet. As
soon as I dismiss the time dialog a window appears that says something
like 'searching catalogs'. I've seen this before but this time it stayed
up for at least 30 seconds. That seems long. Why does AP search catalogs
when I add an observation? I have a fair number of catalogs but this is
a pretty fast machine (i7-920) so I was surprised to see it busy for so
long. Nothing seems broken but I'm letting you know in case this is bad.

Thanks,

     Sander