[APBeta] The "Hidden" ASCOM Interface Parameters

Moose Aviation biplane at mooseaviation.com
Sun Mar 21 14:07:28 PDT 2010

The method to select the ASCOM interface parameters is more than in-obvious, it is more like an Easter Egg in the program.

Even though I am a happy registered user the day before the recent ASCOM posts I purchased a copy of SkyTools only because I need the ASCOM interface to interact with my pointing software (MaxPoint).  This is also the reason I do not run under OS X at the scope, which I would greatly prefer.  I urge you to modify the user interface so that your program will not be rejected by frustrated ASCOM users.

I am pleased to report that that having configured the interface I am having no difficulty controlling my 12" LX 200 classic though Astroplanner by connecting to MaxPoint as an ASCOM hub running platform 5.5.

It appears I am now in a position to make an unintended comparison between Astroplanner 2 beta and SkyTools 3!

Dean Shutt