[APBeta] APv2b75 lightning fast

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Sat Feb 27 08:05:03 PST 2010

On Feb 27, 2010, at 7:21 AM, sctuser wrote:

> Bruce Pipes wrote:
>> APv2b75 seems much improved. In particular, it starts up and opens plans much faster than previous versions. Also, entering reticle rotation works much better than before.

Well, you asked me to fix it...

> Yes, I second that here on my Vista box. It does open plans faster, and UNSO star calculating and rendering is faster too.
> --
> Allan Mayer

Er, I'm not entirely sure why this should be. I _suspect_ it might be the code changes I put in to try and bypass the Stack Overflow exception problem in Windows. Funnily enough, I've already received reports that the fix doesn't stop the stack overflow problem. Damn. I have been unable to reproduce it. Well, third time's the charm, as they say...