[APBeta] Bug 3475 Update

Paul Rodman paul at ilanga.com
Thu Feb 4 09:09:38 PST 2010

On Feb 4, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Kev wrote:

> I submitted bug 3475 but couldn't find a way to update it. Hope it is ok to update here.

That's fine. There currently isn't a way to update a bug report from the user's end.

> The issue is with using the Print Finder Charts v1.3.1 script. The finder graphic shows 0 degree FoV regardless of the finder I select.
>
> To troubleshoot a little I commented out finderFOV = finder.FinderFOV (around line 628). I replaced it with finderFOV = 5.0. This fixed the bottom finder chart by showing a good view and showing 5 degree FoV in the header. This isn't a fix of course but seems to indicate finder.FinderFOV isn't picking up the right value.

I've updated the report. There are some issues I need to attend to to get that script working. I believe you have "re-found" them. The script is actually Michael Portuesi's, and he is waiting on a more stable scripting framework before he releases another update.

The V1.6.1 scripting manual is the only existing document at present (http://www.ilangainc.com/astroplanner/reguserdl/). There is a Framework Reference, available from the Script menu, which details all the functionality.